Happy Monday everyone! Well the children are back in school today, only for 4 days, then off again for the Easter break.
Its Handmade Monday again, where do the weeks go?
I managed to get some design team cards ready, although I did forget to upload a photo on Friday for the SSDS challenge. I had made the card a few days before and I scheduled it to post on my blog on Saturday as usual, but thought I'd already put it on the DT blog, whoops, sorry teamies.
I was up till 3am on Sunday morning trying to catch up with all the lovely cards and creations that everyone has been making and I'm going to pop over to Wendy's blog - 1st Unique Gifts today and see whos been creating what and joining in with Handmade Monday this week.
I've managed to get some craft fair items painted over the weekend
Heres some pics of what I've made
This is a tissue box painted with roses and rosebuds and I embossed the edges of the lid with gold .
You can see the lid a little better in this photo.
This is my first attempt clock from scratch, I did have a go at painting a cheap plastic one, but this one is a wooden circle blank, that I drilled a hole in the centre probably the hardest part was trying to find the centre. I painted the crackle background, the poppies and used gold peel off's for numbers. Then I fitted the clock workings from the back and added the hands and battery at the end. Amazingly it worked, I am quite chuffed with myself.
More of the ever so popular poppy candles
This is a wooden box picture, it has a hanger at back or it can be stood up. It too is all edged with gold and has some gold embossed swirls. I love the effect the gold gives, it seems to lift the picture and gives another textural dimension. Ooh get me! sounds like I know what I'm talking about.
More of the poppy coasters, edged with gold embossing.
I actually had a mishap with 4 of these after taking this photo, after applying one coat of normal paint on varnish, I decided to use a spray on sealer for quickness. I left it all day to dry, it never really set, but worse it brought up the Staz on ink I use when working out positioning of flowers, etc. It looked terrible with all these lines showing through my lovely poppies. Nothing for it, I had to sand them all down to remove the spray sealer and repaint and re varnish them. Needless to say I used ordinary paint-on varnish.
Lesson to be learnt there I think!
I would like to enter a couple of these into some challenges
Wags and Whiskers - colour combo ( rose tissue box)
The Stampman - Embossing ( rose tissue box and poppy box picture and poppy coasters)
One Stop Craft Challenge - Altered items ( tissue box, candles and coasters)