Top 3 Runner UP

Top 3 Runner UP
Altered Eclectic -August challenge

My lovely Followers

Monday, 10 September 2012

Flower Fairies and fusion painting

Hi all, here's a couple of candles I made recently.
 I found a sheet of Flower fairy rub ons in my stash and thought I would use them on candles.
I looked each image up on the internet to see which flower fairy they were, this first one is a red clover fairy. So I used a painting technique to paint some red clover around her and a little bumble bee friend. Lastly I added glitter to the fairy's wings to give them a nice twinkle. Here's a couple of pics going around the candle.
  
 
 


 
The second one is a sweet pea fairy image, so using Sheena's Fusion technique, I painted sweet pea flowers and foliage around the candle, and not forgetting the glitter to the wings.  Here's a few pics around this candle.



 
I'm linking up with  this weeks Handmade Monday #83 . Its been a while since I joined in, but I have good intentions that I'm going to be a better blogger from now on.  
I'll be back later to catch up with the other lovely crafters and find out what they've been up to.
Thanks for looking.
Hugs Sue x



Saturday, 1 September 2012

Butterfly wallhangings

Good morning everyone, I'm scheduling this so fingers crossed its posted correctly.
All being well, I should be setting up my stall at Warrington's farmers and craft market as you are reading this, hopefully in nice sunny weather, as we are outside in the town centre.
Thought I would share a couple of wall hangings with you today.
I have made quite a few of this style with the butterfly and wild flowers in shades of pink, on oval shaped mountboard, as they seem very popular and always sell well.
 

 
I was asked to paint one on circular shape mountboard and also one in shades of blue.
As usual I painted a dark shade of paint, then a crackle effect or a sponged effect with the lighter top coat, as the background.
 Next I use Sheena's Paint Fusion range of stamps to set out the design, then paint the flowers and butterflies in acrylic paints. Once dry I soften the background with a little Distress ink.
On the back, although its not really seen, I apply a patterned paper in a matching colour, usually one from Sheena's Cd rom. 
Then edge each mountboard shape with 'Wow' embossing powders, as well as over stamping the butterfly with a hologram embossing powder to give a lovely bit of sparkle. 
I finish them by using a cropodile to punch holes and thread them together with ribbon, with matching bows and decorative gems or pearl embellishments.

 
 
I really like the shades of blue, think I may try some other colours too.
 Sorry the photo's are a bit dark, but I was struggling to take the pic's last night.
 
Thanks for looking
Hugs Sue x 



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...