My lovely Followers

Saturday 9 April 2011

CAS - Holy communion cards

Good morning everyone,  its a new challenge over at Stamp, Scrap and Doodles Saturday -
 C.A.S.
This week was especially hard for me, as you probably can tell by looking at my other cards, I dont really do CAS - Clean and Simple. But I needed 2 cards for a friend of mine's nieces first Holy Communion. As I didnt have any suitable stamps I thought I would keep the cards simple, but I think quite elegant and they definately fit the challenge.
What do you think?
I used a white pearlescent card, it has a lovely delicate gold sheen to it.
Some lush gold ribbon tied in a cross shape with a pearl ribbon slider,( dont know what its really called), a computer printed sentiment and small gold chalice charm. 

Here's a close up of one of them.
Now lets see what you come up with.

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful! What an original way to tie a ribbon. I love the little chalice and would like to know where you got it from please. :)
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards Sue, love the yummy ribbon and I call them sliders too, they really finish bows off. Love the little chalice charms.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards and I too love the slider. You did a great job with this weeks challenge. Thanks for the inspiration!


    circlebenterprises.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect cards Sue! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sue - how clever you are, my mum was the parish priest's housekeeper and you may not realise this but your ribbon is the Papal colour!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This could not be more perfect! I love the cross ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous cards, so elegant, and the yellow cross is so suitable, love them
    Jose

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you enjoyed your visit, your comments are much appreciated.
Hugs Sue x

Willowing Art Lessons

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...