My lovely Followers

Sunday 27 February 2011

A Micey Nice Birthday

Good evening all, hope you've all had a restful weekend. I've actually managed to get in my craft room this afternoon. Its not been the same since my hubby put his computer in here, I can't get a look in, he's always in, sat at the computer and as much as I love him, I like to craft alone, with the door closed and listen to music, not the sounds of him playing action games. Oh well rant over, I have made a card today.
I followed the sketch from Friday Sketchers #143 by Claudia. The papers are from a Papermania pad in shades of brown, cream and a little pink. I stamped some swirls on brown card using Versamark to get a watermark effect, for the first layer.

I used this adorable House Mouse stamp from the Ice Cream set and coloured with Promarkers.

I also stamped and coloured this cutie off the Dip set and cut him out to layer onto card. He's part of a larger image, but I used him as I thought he looked like he'd just fell in the tub of ice cream.

I made an easel style card and carried the sketch all through.
I decided to keep the embellishing to a minimum as I think there is quite enough going on, so I used a couple of strips of ribbon across the card and finished with a little ribbon bow.
These are the challenges that inspired this card;
Simon says Stamp - Coffee and cream
House Mouse - Favourite stamp
Cupcake - Cake and Ice cream
Spoon ful of Sugar - #140 Birthday wishes
Ribbon girl - #5 Cream, pink and brown

Thanks for looking, I'm off to get things ready for school tomorrow. Bye x


19 comments:

  1. Hi Sue, what a gorgeous easel card. I love the image and papers you've used. Thanks for joining us at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww Sue i feel your pain hun,, love your card it is fabulous, love how you have added the chocolate covered mouse at the base.. thank you for joining us @ friday sketchers. hugs RAch xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW- this is totally fantastic! Striking Chocolate colors, details and fab Easel design! Great Dp too! Thanks so much for joining us at House-Mouse & Friends Monday Challenge! Hope to see you again soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable easel card! I love the neopolitan icecream colours too. I have to craft in my own space too, I totally hear you! Thanks for playing at Cupcake this week. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a yummy card and a stroke of genius to combine these two fun and chocolaty images! Thanks for sharing with us at House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sue, I khow what you mean for wanting to be alone, I got my own craft room but still prefer to craft when everyone is asleep or not around! And this is such a beautiful card, fantastic chocolate colours yum yum looking

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is making my mouth water. Adorable! Love the sentiment too. Thanks for joining us at SSDS with your wonderful easel card.
    Linda
    http://cardsbylinda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card Sue,loving the chocolate colours, and simply adore those house mouse stamps, they are sooo cute.
    THAT'S IT.....get a mouse to eat the computer wires, tell him to go into the garage,a heater, bit of carpet or a mat, what more could he want.LOL
    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your cards they are beautiful. The colouring is great. I especially like the rockchick one as I use that name on another website. Unfortunately I don't look like her though lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This card is so pretty Sue, love the mice and the colours

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's a gorgeous card Sue.

    Thanks for popping by my blog and leaving your link for Handmade Monday this week - but could I possibly ask you to pop a mention of it and a link back to it in your blog post please?

    Thanks so much xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow this is such an scrumptious creation, and beautiful colours

    thanks for sharing with us at Secret Crafter: 123 Sweet Treats


    Good luck with the challenge,
    Hugs Bridget :) x.
    SCSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. gorgeous card Sue :-) the images are just sooo cute and the papers and design are fab :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp and HM&F Monday Challenges :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sue your card is absolutely gorgeous, sooooo cute, I love how you've added the extra mouse.
    You have my every sympathy I so would not like my hubby in my craft room, he's only allowed to enter my craft room if he has coffee or cake for me lol.
    Thanks for joining us for our coffee & cream challenge at Simon Says Stamp & for entering our DT call
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. P.S Thanks for entering my candy, good luck :)
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. So yummy!

    Thanks for joining our “Sweet Treats” challenge on SECRET CRAFTER SATURDAY CHALLENGE :)

    Hugs Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on winning the Simon Says Stamp Challenge - its a lovely card - well done x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Sue. Congratulations on your first price, it sooo deserved! The card is beautiful, fun and just so elegant. Hugs from Celia

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous card - love the chocolately colours!
    Thanks for joining us at the SCSC!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you enjoyed your visit, your comments are much appreciated.
Hugs Sue x

Willowing Art Lessons

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...