My lovely Followers

Saturday 1 January 2011

Happy New Year ! My first post of the year and a quick tutorial.

Welcome to 2011.... I have promised myself that I will spend more time crafting, participating in challenges and keeping my blog upto date this year.
I decided to start by tidying up my craft room and getting it better organised.

 Ribbon Storage Tutorial
I usually keep scraps and shorter lengths of ribbon in jars sorted by colours, but its not a very convenient way especially when I want to take it with me to craft elsewhere. I looked on the internet for alternative ways and like the ribbon ring method, But as I am not working and trying to watch the pennies, I decided to make some myself. They were really easy to make,
  • I cut card to 4cm x 6cm, and trimmed the corners off at one end to give a tag shape.
  • Then used cropadile to punch a hole at narrower end, about 1cm in.
  • Then I used a ribbon punch to make the slits, punching from one side then turning and punching from the other making sure they meet up.
  •  I made the slits on some a little longer to fit wider ribbon.
  •  To finish them a bit neater I used a corner rounder punch on the bottom corners.  
Once I have threaded my ribbon on, I will hang them on  large jump rings, organised by colour and hang up next to my crafting table.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you enjoyed your visit, your comments are much appreciated.
Hugs Sue x

Willowing Art Lessons

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...