Afternoon all, I hope its nice and sunny where you are, coz its wet and miserable here today. But at least that means I can spend time in my craft room. 👍
For todays make I would like to share a couple of altered notebooks, in a bit of a vintage / steampunk style.
I started out by removing the back and front covers of the notebooks and used a stencil and texture paste to create a raise design, before painting with starlight paints to add colour and a shimmer.
After die cutting some cogs, clocks, locks and hinges, I painted them black and lightly rubbed over some of them with gold gilding wax to give the effect of metal. On the others I used red and gold acrylic paint, stippling it on to produce a rusty look.
These were then arranged on the notebooks with some chipboard nuts and bolts which I had painted in the same way.
Finally I stamped and embossed some words, teared around them, inked the edges and glued them in place.
The back covers were also stenciled and painted in the same way, although I have not taken any pictures to show you.
I reassembled the notebooks and Voila there you have them, finished.
I'm going to enter them into a couple of challenges:
Thanks for taking the time to look,
Hugs Sue x