My lovely Followers

Monday 28 August 2017

Imagine' - mixed media canvas

Good evening, I would like to share one of my mixed media wall hangings with you.

I started by covering a canvas board with a couple of layers of patterned papers from  the Blissful Cotton pad by Anna marie designs. I distressed and inked the edges before layering them up.  


I found some lovely hessian and lace ribbon in my crafty stash, so added a piece across the middle. 
 I painted some chipboard pieces, a frame and a couple of swirly corners and used them to build up a little arrangement along with some silk and paper flowers.
I made a small heart out of UTEE and added that to the frame. 



Finally I stamped a beautiful sentiment from Inkylicious, tore it out and inked the edges to match the backing papers. After adding a few pearl embellishments, I splattered the whole canvas with white paint, a quick mist of gold glint spray and then lightly rubbed over the edges with gold gilding wax.
So that it could easily be hung up, I used my Cropadile to punch 2 holes and threaded some jute string through them.
Et voila ! Finished !


I hope you like it and perhaps I've inspired you to have a go yourself. If so Please leave me a link to your blog or facebook, in the comments, so I can come and take a look.

I am going to enter it into this months-
 
See you soon 
Sending hugs and sunshine
Suzanne x


1 comment:

  1. How pretty is this..I love the layout and the colours too..so feminine.
    Thank you for joining us at Altered Eclectics this month.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you enjoyed your visit, your comments are much appreciated.
Hugs Sue x

Willowing Art Lessons

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...