My lovely Followers

Sunday 1 March 2015

Mixed media canvas and a new family member

Good morning everyone, hope your all feeling well today. I can finally get to use my new kitchen, yay! all cupboards are now full, and there's just the floor and a bit of decorating left to do. That means I've got my dining room back and can sit at my table and play with some new crafty stash I got from Sincerely Yours paper craft show last weekend.
 But before I do, here's a quick catchup....
I've been doing lots of craft fairs and artisan markets over the past 12 months and been a very bad blogger ( I know, hangs head in shame), so I'm hoping to get on here more often this year and share some of my crafty makes.

I decided to try some mixed media crafting over the last few weeks and after looking at some amazing talent on here Gabrielle Pollacco, I was inspired to have a go.
Now I know this is nowhere near as good as hers, but I'm pleased with my first attempt. I am going to add some wording, but its near enough finished.


The mermaid body was made from Das air dry clay, but turned out to be quite brittle once dry, and the strands of hair kept falling off. I have used glue gel to try and glue them back on, not sure if it will last long, as long as I don't keep touching it, it seems to be ok. *Note to self - use different clay next time*
For the background I used a few stencils, some stamping and loads of glimmer paints and gilding wax, over all sorts of media, such as chipboard, cheesecloth, mesh tape, die cuts and modelling paste. I even made my own bit of netting out of string.

I finished off with jewels, pearls, metal charms and even more gilding wax.

It now has pride of place on my mantle, although it doesn't match my rooms decor (brown with red accents)
I may decide to put it back in my dining room ( as in photo) now that it has been cleared of all my kitchen paraphernalia.

Hope you like it, and maybe you'll be inspired to have a go yourself, its great fun.

Challenges entered;
Pan Pastel UK - Stencils
Simon says stamp Wednesday challenge  - Anything goes
Our Creative Corner  - Junk in your trunk (string, cheesecloth, bits of paper)
Imagination crafts challenge- always anything goes
Simon says stamp - Monday challenge -hint of clover (green)
Country view challenge - Anything goes


Before I go I would like to introduce the latest addition to our family
This is Kira (black and gold girl) who you've met before and our new boy Logan (black). We've had him for about 8 /9 months now.
 He'll be 1 at the end of March and he's already taller than Kira, who's coming up to 4, this year.
 Isn't he a beauty?

5 comments:

  1. Oh wow Sue! This came out beautiful....the guilded gold accents really add a lovely touch!! Thanks for the sweet mention! You did great!! xo xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous artwork Sue !! The canvas is absolutely fabulous and I am sure it will look great on your wall ! BRILLIANT :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sue, first congratulations on being the very first entry on the Junk in your Trunk challenge at Our creative Corner. Secondly wow - what an amazing project. So pleased that you have decided to play with the theme for us. hugs. Candice

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an absolutely original creation! I have never seen anything quite like it and love, love, love how you placed the mermaid! It's so fun to imagine the rest of the scene. The color palette you used was simply delicious and I was really impressed with all of the techniques you used. It is truly a piece to be proud of and I'm so glad you shared your time and talents with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! And congrats on getting your house back in order. It's always a good feeling when "normal" comes back into play!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Sue what a stunning work of art - I love your clay mermaid, so clever, and of course your dogs are wonderful! Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge at Country View Crafts. Sue xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you enjoyed your visit, your comments are much appreciated.
Hugs Sue x

Willowing Art Lessons

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...