My lovely Followers

Monday 16 March 2015

Decorative mirrors

Good Monday morning, I do hope all the mums out there had an enjoyable day yesterday. I had a very relaxing day playing in my craft room with some new stash.
Here's a couple of decorative mirrors I've been working on...
 The mirrors I use are from Ikea.
 On this one I used Mother's Day Pink mixed with a touch of white and gold embossing powders to create a fully embossed background. This took quite a long time to get a good coverage and nearly a full pot of powder, but it did look pretty.
I used various die cut swirls, leaves and corners, along with my new Tim Holtz bird and birdcage die, just couldnt wait to use it. The flowers were from Wild Orchid Crafts and I finished with pearls and a couple of butterflies.



For my second mirror I decided to cover with patterned paper and used more or less the same embellishments, just in a different colourway.

Please excuse the photos, its very difficult to get a decent photo of a mirror without getting something  reflected in it. *If anyone has any tips on taking photos, please pass them on*
Challenges;
Mixed media monthly challenge - #10 Birds of a feather

4 comments:

  1. Great mirrors. They look great but totally different with the different colors. Thanks for joining us this month at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful mirrors! Love the flower clusters! Thanks for joining us at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful. thanks for playing with us at the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful mirror! i love the bird cages. Thank you so much for playing with the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!
    -Rachel
    www.rwkrafts.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you enjoyed your visit, your comments are much appreciated.
Hugs Sue x

Willowing Art Lessons

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...