Morning to all my crafty friends!
As you may have noticed I'm into my Paint Fusion at the minute, can't get enough of the new stamp sets, cd and transfers.
Today I'd like to share with you my promised fushia painting. If you have read my earlier posts you will know that I didnt make a card this time, I painted a notebook.
So here it is all dry and put back together.
When painting a wire bound notebook, I take the back and front covers off. I had to paint a dark base colour first, about 3 coats as this book had a design on it already. Then I did the crackle effect using pva (see coaster tutorial) and ivory paint as top coat. I did this on both the front and back, inside and out.
Next the fun begins...
I stamped the leaves and painted them, followed by the fushia flowers, to the front cover only. To finish it I used some distress inks to make it look more like old wood, then stamped and gold embossed some swirls and edges. Lastly a coat of varnish just to seal and protect. Once dry reattach the covers.
Not content with just a notebook, I also painted the fushia design on a couple of candles.
The design goes all the way around the candles and as is the case with candle painting was a bit trickier than painting on card. I also had to paint over the design about 3 times as the staz on that I used to stamp with was showing through, and I didn't like the look.
But I'm pleased with the end result, so was worth the extra effort.
Challenges I am entering:
Hope you all have a wonderful crafty day.
I'll catch up with you tomorrow.
Hugs Sue x