My lovely Followers

Wednesday 29 February 2012

Deep red roses


Hi everyone, sorry I've missed a couple of days, I'm such a bad blogger, but I've been getting ready for the next couple of weekend craft fairs.

Anyhoo here's my card for today...

I thought I'd have a try at painting deep red roses, as they are my very favourite colour, my wedding bouquet was made up of loads of these, so many in fact that I found it very difficult to hold for any length of time, I had to keep putting it down for a rest. It was absolutely stunning though!
I used a couple of Spellbinders edgeabilities along the edges of my red mat, unfortunately the corners didn't match up very well, so I cut them away and added a morrocan accent corner instead.
I covered the card blank with two papers from Sheenas cd and I did add two moroccan borders along the join, but the topper is so large you cant see it  :o(
I finished with a couple of ribbon bows, some red rosebuds, pearl headed pins, a happy birthday sentiment and a red gem in each corner.
I hope you like it.!
I'm going to enter it into
Creative inspirations - Anything goes challenge
and Simon says Stamp - Anything goes
I'll be back tomorrow, enjoy the rest of your day.
Hugs Sue x

2 comments:

  1. Loving this Sue and really great deep red roses which can be a challenge to achieve :-) Well done xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Sue! Love how you have combined your paint fusion with your spellbinder dies.

    Hugs
    Linda xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you enjoyed your visit, your comments are much appreciated.
Hugs Sue x

Willowing Art Lessons

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...