My lovely Followers

Monday 19 February 2018

Happiness in dark times

I'd like to share with you the latest page in my art journal.


As some of you might know, I've had to take the last 6 weeks off work to move in with and care for my parents. I'm not going to go into details here but suffice it to say its been a stressful time, with little or no time left for art or creating at all.
I did manage to paint this journal page which lifted my spirits some what. I thought the words were quite fitting for me at the moment, although I'm having a hard time finding the light switch ;)


I used Golden high flow colours for the background and light burst, along with a sun ray stencil and a stars stencil, which you can just about see.

I coloured an IndigoBlu lightbulb stamp with Spectrum sparkle pens and a Posca white pen for the highlights, cut it out and glued it on.


I stamped the words from the same IndigoBlu stamp set and cut them out line by line and after trying them out in different positions settled on this layout.


I do hope any of you who feel you are in a dark place at the moment, soon find your light switch :)

I'm entering these challenges;
Stamps and stencils monthly challenge
Creative artiste mixed media challenge #35
We love 2 create - anything mixed media


Thanks for looking
Hugs Sue xx

2 comments:

  1. Lovely Journal page Sue ! Thanks for joining us at Stamps and Stencils. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great journal page. That light is definitely shining brightly. Thanks for joining us at Stamps and Stencils.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you enjoyed your visit, your comments are much appreciated.
Hugs Sue x

Willowing Art Lessons

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...