My lovely Followers

Thursday, 31 March 2011

Aquamarine at KKKG


 
Here's a card I made to fit the challenge over at KKKG - Aquamarine.
I followed Bevs sketch for the Wild Orchid challenge, but I flipped it over. I used a pretty piece of vellum as the background. Then I used a technique called Polished stone that was shown on Tip Top Tuesday, to make an unusual background layer.

 
I chose Wasn't Me digi image from Kenny K and coloured her using Copics. After die cutting it I stamped a dotty background stamp around the edge. The sentiment is from the new clear stamps by LOTV.

I used a ribbon and bow that originally started life on one of my daughters dolls, not quite sure how it ended up in my craft stash, but I thought I would use it any way. I added a rose on top of the bow and some gems in two of the corners to finish.
I am entering it into TopTip Tuesday - Polished Stone technique

8 comments:

Sande said...

Wow, wonderful card! Love your layout and the blue color looks amazing!

Hugs, Sande x

Suzilou said...

Gorgeous card, love your backing papers and the colours :)

sari said...

This is beautiful Sue!!! Love the colors and the details! Thanks so much for your kind words my dear teamie!! =) Big hugs 2 you 2!!!

Sandra said...

Love this card. It's so vibrant and the character really sassy. Great.
hugs
Sandra x

Dawn said...

Such a cute card ... it all works so well together! Thanks so much for playing with us at KKKG this week :D

Bella´s Bastelecke said...

gorgeous card, sweetie and I love the image you have used….. Thanks for joining us at KKKGC....

Hugs
Judith

PaulaM said...

Great job with your card this week and trying the polished stone technique. Thanks for participating in my challenge at Top Tip Tuesday this week.

Lena Katrine said...

Such a cute creation in beautiful colours, papers and details! Thanks for playing with us at the WOC Challenge, hope to see you again next time :)
Hugs, Lena K

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...